Faith support is designed to assist an individual in developing their spirituality as an integral part of their recovery from addiction.
If you know someone struggling with addiction, help them find a Spiritual Counselor who encourages patients to overcome addiction by covering practices and principles such as
- establishing a relationship with a higher power
- identifying a sense of purpose and mission in one's life
- achieving serenity and peace of mind
- utilizing spiritual practices such as prayer, meditation, and yoga
Faith-based counseling can be performed in a group or individual setting. Most group and individual sessions should be expected to last roughly 60 minutes in duration.
How can I do that?
1. Visit the TN Department of Mental Health's Recovery Support Services page.
2. Click on the Addiction Recovery Program Providers list to view a list of certified spiritual counselors.