Education is key in helping to prevent the misuse of opioids. Educational kits are easily distributed throughout the community by partnering up with local community businesses and organizations. Some examples of items that can be included: pamphlets, informational brochures, magnets, bracelets, toys, pens/pencils etc. These items are anything that will draw attention to the educational information being provided. Alternatively, you can partner with a local pharmacy or other wellness-related business to display the kits at the checkout counter for customers.
How do I do that?
1. Gather printed materials to include in each kit.
2. Purchase giveaway items with drug education message (magnets, pens, bracelets, etc.)
3. Package printed materials and giveaway items in small bag or box to be easily handed out to members of the public.
4. Coordinate with local businesses to hand out kits to customers as they enter and leave the store.
5. Alternatively, partner with a local pharmacy or other wellness-related business to display the kits at the checkout counter for customers to take while making purchase.