Many people are seeking out safe alternatives to prescription opioids. Americans are encountering a difficult crossroad where opioid addiction is at an all time high affecting more people than cancer. At the same time...chronic pain affects more Americans that hearts disease, diabetes, and caner combined.
More individuals are transitioning from a lifelong prescription of painkillers to focusing on pain management and natural healing techniques.
Natural Pain Remedies:
- Physical Therapy, Swim Therapy
- Meditation / Relaxation Training
- Talk Therapy
- CBT-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy- Changing patterns of negative thinking or behavior
- Biofeedback- treatment that uses electronic monitoring of seemingly involuntary bodily functions (such as pain) to teach a person to control it.
- Magnetic Therapy- alternative medical practice that uses magnets to alleviate pain and other health concerns
- Over the Counter Acetaminophen
- Non-steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
- Serotonin and Norephinephrine Re-uptake Inhibitors
Health insurance plans might soon include more non-drug ways to treat chronic pain.
Need Help? Need A Referral To Treatment? Call the TN Redline: