Getting rid of medications you no longer use will eliminate the risk of prescription and over-the-counter medications getting into the hands of children and family members struggling with addiction. Prescription drug take-back boxes ensure these medications are disposed of in a safe, environmentally-friendly manner.
How do I do that?
- Find your closest take-back location on the Unwanted Pharmaceutical Take Back map.
- Contact the facility before going to drop off your medications to confirm guidelines.
Items Accepted for the Pharmaceutical Collection Program
- Liquid medications (in leak-proof containers)
- Medicated ointment, lotions, or drops
- Pills in any packaging (glass bottles, plastic containers, plastic bags, etc.)
- Over-the-counter medications
- Pet medications