Support groups play a fundamental role on the road to recovery. Gathering with others offers encouragement, guidance and accountability Groups can be made up of individuals who are working toward the same 12-step goals, see the same therapy team, or share the same faith.
- Who will be involved/ who are group leaders?
- Who will be your contact person? Someone individuals can contact if interested in the group.
- Are meetings open or closed? Most commonly meetings are open to the community.
- Location / Time / Day. Most groups meet in the evening hours.
- What will be your official launch date?
- You may want to seek additional training.
- We recommend you practice at least one session.
- Advertise your group! You can do this through church and community bulletin boards or social media.
After official launch
- Debrief and consider pros and cons
Need Help? Need A Referral To Treatment? Call the TN Redline: