Operation Prevention™ is an educational initiative developed jointly by the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Discovery Education to educate students about the true impacts of opioid misuse and encourage lifesaving conversations in the home and classroom.
Operation Prevention™'s classroom resources provide educators with valuable lessons and other tools aligned with national health and science standards.
These resources, which are entirely free, include digital classroom lessons, on demand virtual field trips, a parent toolkit and a student learning module. They integrate seamlessly into classroom instruction and introduce students to the science behind opioids and their impact on the brain and body.
How do I implement an Operation Prevention tool into my lesson plan?
1. Go to the Operation Prevention™ website
2. Click on the ‘Classroom Resources’ in the menu bar at the top of the page.
3. Select your age group (Elementary, Middle or High School).
4. Download the Digital Lesson and Educator’s Guide.
5. Follow instructions in the Educator’s Guide to present material in the Digital Lesson.