MAT training-The Biopsychosocial Model
- Presented by CAAP Incorporated
- Facilitated by: Dr. Stephen Loyd
Biopsychosocial model of addiction using a slot machine metaphor.
- Explore the role of genetics, trauma and social opportunity as they relate to addiction, particularly opioid addiction.
- List 2 reasons prescription pain pills act as a driver for Heroin and Fentanyl use.
- Review neurobiology of the brain and frontal lobe of the brain recovery in addiction; define 1 risk factor for relapse based on neurobiology.
- Describe 2 roles of medications, Suboxone/Buprenorphine, Methadone and Naltrexone in the treatment of addiction.
- Describe 2 factors that make Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) particularly useful in treatment of patients suffering from substance use disorder secondary to opioids.
- Describe and evaluate 2 factors that affect treatment of patients who are involved in the criminal justice system.