At this training you will learn information concerning the Opioid Crisis in Tennessee from Melesa Lassiter, Regional Overdose Prevention Specialist for Northwest Tennessee. The training will include information on the following topics:
1. A discussion on Opioids, the Opioid Epidemic, and how it is impacting TN and your community.
2. Risk factors of an Opioid Overdose.
3. Harm Reduction.
4. Reducing Stigma.
5. The Addicted Brain and Trauma.
6. Recognizing an Opioid Overdose.
7. Naloxone: How and when to use it.
8. Compassion fatigue, burn out, and self care.
In addition, the Suicide Prevention Training (QPR) provided by Tosha Gurley with the Tennessee Suicide Prevention Network for Northwest Tennessee will teach the participants how to ask the question about suicide and intervene and connect to resources. QPR stands for Question, Persuade, Refer, and these are simple steps that anyone can learn to help save a life. As a QPR-trained Gatekeeper, you will learn to:
1. Recognize the warning signs of suicide.
2. Offer hope in any form.
3. Connect a person at risk to support and resources.
Lunch will be provided, thanks to the Weakley County Prevention Coalition.