TCCY works with state agencies, juvenile courts, child advocacy groups, interested citizens and other organizations to improve services to children. The commission members, central office staff and regional coordinators are engaged in the following activities:
- Improving the coordination of services for children;
- Collecting and disseminating statistical and programmatic information;
- Informing citizens and organizations of children’s issues;
- Tracking legislation and making recommendations to the Governor and Legislature;
- Administering the Federal Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act, the Juvenile Accountability Block Grant and other federal and state grant funds for juvenile justice programs.
- Lindsey Cody is the East TN Regional Coordinator